Cookies are a favorite among confectionery. And there are as many recipes for cooking this delicacy as there are hostesses. Each has its own little secrets that make dessert unique. There is no way to start the morning better than a cup of coffee with cookies. So thought Catherine II, adhering to this ritual every morning.
What is a butter sandwich?
Sandwich cookies (butter sandwich) is a type of baking, a distinctive feature of which is the filling, traditionally located between two parts of cookies. Outwardly, it resembles a sandwich, hence the name.
Tender and easy to prepare homemade cookies will appeal to both children and adults.
To make the perfect sandwich cookie you will need the following products:
- premium flour - 350 grams,
- cocoa powder - 6 tablespoons,
- powdered sugar and butter - 300 grams each,
- vanilla sugar - to taste, 1 teaspoon is used in the recipe,
- chicken egg - 1 piece,
- baking powder - 10 grams.
The technology for making sandwich cookies is as follows:
1. Cooking shortcrust pastry. Take 200 grams of butter and mix them with 150 grams of powdered sugar using a mixer, beat in an egg.
Tip. Oil is best used at room temperature. Thus, it will be easier to mash with powder.
Break the mass with a mixer until a homogeneous mass is obtained. In another bowl, mix the dry mixes: cocoa, baking powder and flour. To them add a mixture of powder and oil, mix and begin to knead the dough.
Tip. If the dough sticks too much to your hands, you can add a little more flour.
Cover the resulting dough with cling film and refrigerate for half an hour. Then remove the dough from the refrigerator, roll out half a centimeter thick and cut out the mold. On a baking sheet, lay the parchment and lay out the blanks, bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
2. Cooking cream. It is necessary to take the remains of powdered sugar and butter, mix them with a mixer. Add vanilla sugar to taste.
3. The assembly of cookies. In order to make a sandwich, two forms of cookies are taken, one of them is spread with cream and the second is covered.
- Grind 125 g of almonds into powder using a blender. Almonds can not be peeled.
- Take 2 eggs and carefully, in a clean, dry plate, separate the whites from the yolks. Put the squirrels in the bowl for whipping (if you have a mixer without a bowl, then use deep dishes). Beat the squirrels at medium speed until a light foam begins to appear.
- Sugar (115 g) is gradually added to the protein dish. Keep whisking at medium speed. After the sugar is completely filled and it is dissolved, make the maximum speed of the mixer and beat for another 2-3 minutes. The resulting mass is called meringue. Mix whipped whites with sugar (meringue) and previously ground almonds.
- Pour the resulting mixture into a cooking bag and cover the baking sheet with baking paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Squeeze the resulting mass out of the bag onto a baking sheet, forming cookies in the form of circles (about 4-5 cm). Do not make the circles too thin, otherwise they will quickly bake and become hard or burn. To prevent cookies from baking and sticking during baking, do not place it too close to each other, leave a distance of 2-2.5 cm between them.
- Turn on the oven 170 degrees. Lightly tap the baking sheet on the table to make the dough “sit”, let it brew for 10 minutes. When the oven is warm, send cookies there for 15 minutes. The readiness of a cookie can be determined when it is browned on both sides and soft inside. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and immediately remove the cookie from it along with a rug or paper (depending on what you baked on). Leave the cookies to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, take a chopping board, which can be put in the freezer, and a round shape with a diameter of about the same as your cookie. Cover the board with cling film. Place the round shape on the board, and with the help of a spoon, begin to evenly spread ice cream in it, creating a round cake with a thickness of 5-7 mm. Put out half the amount of ice cream than you baked cookies, as one circle of ice cream will be located between the two cookies.
- Put ice cream blanks in the freezer.
Now, when you want to eat a sandwich cookie, just remove the ice cream from the freezer, place it on the cookie and cover with another cookie on top.
Cookies with boiled condensed milk
Cookies, cooked at home, allow you to roam fantasy. You can safely experiment with the ingredients. Sandwich biscuits stuffed with boiled condensed milk can please the sweet tooth.
- 400 grams of white flour
- 1 small pinch of vanilla
- 250 grams of butter at room temperature and the same amount of powdered sugar,
- 1 can of condensed milk,
- 3 chicken eggs
- salt and cinnamon to taste,
- 1 small lemon.
- put butter and icing sugar in a bowl and beat with a whisk or spoon,
- add salt, eggs and cinnamon to the bowl and beat again intensively,
- put flour, vanilla,
- grate the lemon zest, add to the dough and mix,
- put baking paper on a baking sheet, put the dough in a pastry bag and start squeezing small portions onto the paper,
- bake sandwich cookies in the oven at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes,
- take out the cookies and cool
- spread on each boiled condensed milk and connect each other in two pieces.
Chocolate sandwich with marshmallows
The cookies come out very tender and melt in the mouth. Cooking time - an hour.
For a sandwich cookie recipe, you will need the ingredients:
- 3 selected eggs,
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder and salt,
- 180 grams of dark or dark chocolate, the same amount of flour,
- 250 grams of granulated sugar
- 120 grams of butter,
- 60 grams of cocoa.
- beat the sugar with a butter mixer,
- add vanilla and egg, mix again,
- pour sugar, flour, salt and cocoa,
- mix everything to a homogeneous mass of dough,
- put in the refrigerator for 25 minutes,
- take out the dough and divide into small balls, crush them so that a round cookie is about a centimeter thick,
- bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees,
- get out, cool
- divide the cookies into 2 parts, put a piece of marshmallow on top of one of them and bake for 2-3 minutes,
- to get and cover with the second half of cookies.
Tip. Chefs recommend baking an even amount of cookies so that a sandwich can be formed.
You can try cookies by buying it in a store. Russian factories have long been engaged in the production of Morning Yubileinoe sandwich cookies with yogurt filling and Morning Belvita with cocoa and yogurt filling. A healthy and tasty alternative to sweets.