Yogurt is a product obtained using sour milk. To prepare yogurt, many housewives use sour cream, yogurt or special starter cultures.
If you let the milk just sour, it will become so acidic and even bitter, depending on the quality of the milk that it will not be suitable for consumption.
To prepare a delicious yogurt drink, you must first boil the milk and then add the desired sourdough.
Proper yogurt is white and tastes good. To prepare yogurt at home, you need to boil the milk and rinse the dishes well.
How to make yogurt here are some tips before you start cooking:
• milk needs to be boiled, and it must be fresh,
• we prepare yogurt only in glass or enameled dishes, not some iron,
• try to buy sour cream with the highest fat content,
• if the milk is just sour on the table, it can cause an upset stomach, it’s better not to drink it, it is advisable to use it to prepare the dough,
• in order to prepare the most healthy yogurt, milk with sourdough should be kept for several hours in a basin with warm water,
• if yogurt is used for starter culture at home, it should be without the addition of flavorings, colorings,
• canned milk with a long shelf life is not recommended,
• you need to store yogurt in a closed jar, in the refrigerator for no more than three days,
How to make sour milk on sourdough:
1. To prepare yogurt, you need to boil milk from the beginning and remove the foam.
2. Next, cool it to forty degrees.
3. After that, add granulated sugar, any starter to taste, mix everything well, carefully pour it into glass jars.
4. Banks should be cleaned in a warm place, previously covered with a warm blanket, for example near the stove or near the battery, until it cools completely.
5. Such yogurt is stored under tight lids for no more than 4 days on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.
• As a natural sourdough, you can use thick kefir, natural yogurt, sour cream, previously prepared yogurt, even bread crumb.
• To make the drink thicker, keep it in the refrigerator on the shelf for several hours.
How to make yogurt yogurt:
1. Boil milk in an enamel bowl, then cool to the desired temperature. You can touch it with your finger, if not hot - it means that it has cooled down normally.
2. Then pour any yogurt, mix, close the lid.
3. Wrap the container with a thick blanket, put on a hot battery.
4. After about 8 hours, the sour milk will be completely ready. It remains only to sue her on the table, and then on the shelf of the refrigerator.
• any natural yogurt that contains healthy supplements and live bacteria is suitable for making yogurt
• it is better to cook yogurt in the evening, so that in the morning you can already enjoy its delicate taste. Even if you don’t have time to drink yogurt in three days, you can cook okroshka, pancakes, pancakes from it.
• homemade yogurt is a healthy natural product that has a delicate and pleasant taste.
Tips for housewives before cooking:
- milk must be fresh, it must first be boiled and cooled,
- make yogurt using only enameled or glassware, clay pots,
- sour cream for sourdough is better to take the fattest,
- if the milk is just sour on the table, it can cause an upset stomach, it’s better not to drink it, it is advisable to use it to prepare the dough,
- in order to prepare the most useful yogurt, you need to keep the milk with sourdough for several hours in a basin with warm water,
- if yogurt is used for starter culture at home, it should be without the addition of flavorings, colorings,
- canned milk with a long shelf life is not recommended,
- finished yogurt should be stored for no more than three days on a refrigerator shelf under a lid.
The recipe for a delicious yogurt sourdough
- 3 liters of whole milk,
- 2 tablespoons of any starter culture,
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- To prepare a tasty drink at home, you first need to boil the milk on the stove, removing the foam.
- Then it should be cooled to about 40 degrees.
- After that, add granulated sugar, any leaven to taste, mix everything well, carefully pour into glass jars.
- Wrap the jars with a thick towel or an old blanket, leave it at the battery or in another warm place until it cools completely.
- Such yogurt is stored under tight lids for no more than 4 days on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.
- As a natural sourdough, you can use thick kefir, natural yogurt, sour cream, previously prepared yogurt, even bread crumb.
- To make the drink thicker, you need to hold it in the refrigerator on the shelf for several hours.
Recipe for tender yogurt with fat yogurt
- liter of milk
- a glass of natural dye-free yogurt.
- We boil milk in an enameled bowl, then cool to the desired temperature. You can touch it with your finger, if not hot - it means that it has cooled down normally.
- Then pour any yogurt, mix, close the lid.
- We wrap the container with a thick blanket, put it on a hot battery.
- After about 8 hours, the sour milk will be completely ready. It remains only to sue her on the table, and then on the shelf of the refrigerator.
- You can use any natural yogurt containing biologically beneficial additives, living bacteria for cooking.
- It is most convenient to cook yogurt in the evening, in the morning you can already drink it calmly.
To prepare such a healthy and tasty drink at home, any housewife can, even not too experienced. Children will be happy to drink it before bedtime, adults - throughout the day. You can cook okroshka on it, knead the dough for pies and pancakes, fritters. If the taste seems a little sour, it is not forbidden to add granulated sugar. Such homemade yogurt differs from the store one by a more delicate, pleasant taste, texture, and useful properties.
Homemade fermented milk products: benefits and features
Cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt or fermented baked milk is much more useful than ordinary milk. They are well absorbed not only by children, but also by adults, healing bacteria that have a beneficial effect on the intestinal microflora, improve digestion, and contribute to the normalization of weight.
A variety of products can be purchased at the store, but many housewives prefer to make them with their own hands. The usefulness of this approach is obvious: home products do not contain stabilizers, thickeners and other unnecessary additives, the fat content of the product can be adjusted to taste. Those who monitor the calorie content, it is better to ferment skim milk, lovers of a rich creamy taste will suit whole. The process takes from several hours to a day, having established fermentation, you can uninterruptedly provide the family with healthy and healthy food.
Cooking homemade kefir: step by step instructions
Making kefir is very easy, it always succeeds. You need fresh milk of the right fat content. It is preferable to use a pasteurized product; long-term sterilized milk will not work. Do not ferment and milk reconstituted from the powder, kefir may not work. Village products will be an excellent base for homemade kefir, but not everyone can tolerate fatty whole milk.
To prepare classic kefir, you need a fresh fungus, which can be purchased in the dairy kitchen. In stores they sell dry sourdough with kefir bacteria, and it will also make an excellent product.
Milk needs to be cooled to 22 degrees, add fermentation, mix and leave at room temperature. It is better to ferment milk in a container of glass, earthenware or food-grade plastic; aluminum or copper pans should not be used. When clots form in the liquid, the dishes must be moved to a dark place for 2 days. During this time, kefir will fully ripen, it can be cooled and drunk. Kefir is especially useful before bedtime or during an afternoon snack, it contains few calories and is quickly absorbed. If desired, sugar or salt is added to kefir, based on it, cocktails with berries, fruits, vegetables or herbs are made, used to make cold refreshing soups.
Fresh kefir is useful for people suffering from indigestion and constipation. A product that has been in the refrigerator for several days, on the contrary, is recommended for diarrhea. Part of the homemade kefir should be left and used instead of a fungus or souring concentrate. For 1 liter of milk, 0.5 cups of product will be required.
Homemade yogurt and cottage cheese: tasty and healthy
Yogurt is made very quickly; surplus milk is usually used for its production. Village or barrel milk is necessarily boiled, pasteurized milk does not require additional processing. Milk should be a little warm, the optimum temperature is 40 degrees. It is poured into a large mug, bowl or pan, add previously fermented yogurt or sour cream. The proportions are arbitrary, for 1 liter a couple of spoons of sourdough is enough. Another option is to put in a container of milk a slice of rye bread, it will cause rapid fermentation and curdling of milk.
Ready yogurt should be thick enough, possibly a slight presence of serum. The product is best consumed chilled, it is stored in the refrigerator for no more than 2 days, after this period the yogurt starts to bitter and gets an unpleasant odor.
From homemade yogurt you can cook tender and very healthy curd. It is made both from freshly fermented and from already insisted curdled milk. The product is poured into an enamel pan (aluminum will not work). It must be put on the stove and heated over low heat, without covering. Do not stir the contents of the pan.
When the mass begins to condense, and whey exfoliates around, the cottage cheese is thrown back into a colander covered with 2 layers of gauze. Serum does not need to be poured, it is very useful and is suitable for baking pancakes, making cold soups or drinks. Gauze is collected in a knot and hung over the kitchen sink all night. During this time, excess fluid drains, and the curd stabilizes. It must be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 2 days.
Healthy yogurt: step-by-step cooking
Other crops are needed to produce yogurt. They can be purchased in dry form, but a ready-made store product is also suitable. However, some housewives note that yogurt fermented with a purchased product is more liquid. Industrial sourdough packaged in portioned bags is much more reliable. An important condition is to open the packaging immediately before cooking.
Unlike yogurt and kefir, yogurt requires cooking, or rather, constant very weak heating. You can cook it in a slow cooker or a special device - a yogurt maker. Some housewives use a thermos or wrap a saucepan with a blanket of yogurt.
First you need to boil the milk, cool it slightly, pour about half a glass and dissolve the contents of the bag with the leaven in it. To prevent lumps from forming, the liquid is thoroughly mixed and combined with the remaining milk. The exact proportions are indicated on the sourdough bag.
It is most convenient to cook yogurt in a special appliance. Pour warm milk and sourdough into cups, close the lid, turn on the yogurt for 6-8 hours. The fatter the milk, the longer it will ferment. When the product is ready, close the cups with lids and refrigerate for ripening. Fresh or frozen berries, sugar, honey, chopped nuts or chocolate can be added to the finished yogurt.