An integrated approach to training includes writing a sports program.
To achieve the desired results faster - you need effective and balanced loads on the target muscles.
In this article we will consider effective training programs for girls, the nuances of classes and the rules of sports training.
Features of functional exercises for women
Functional training is a universal tool for achieving sports goals (pump up various zones, lose weight, achieve a flat press).
How the specific features of such training include:
- Each muscle is considered an important element here - that is why a sufficient number of isolating exercises are used (certain muscle groups are purposefully pumped).
- Increased intensity of classes to increase the overall stamina of the whole organism,
- The desire for proportional development of all muscles.
- A wide variety of auxiliary equipment: a variety of exercise machines, sports balls, jump ropes, crossbars, rods, weighting materials, elastic bands, etc.
- The use of various exercises that are widely known in the sports world.
- Training is possible not only in a specially equipped room, but also on the street, at home.
- Does not take a lot of time - the duration of a standard lesson is from 40 to 60 minutes.
Note! The main rule of such training, which is true for female and male training, is the consistent inclusion of all muscle groups in the work.
Functional exercises can be performed at home.
To do this, you will need a mat for classes, weighting materials (dumbbells or bottles filled with water), a jump rope, a stable chair / chair should be used as support.
- Warm up for joints - 10 minutes.
- Classical push-ups (arms spaced at an arbitrary distance): 4 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Raising the pelvis in a horizontal position (on the mat): 3-4 sets of 15 times.
- Jumps on the back with jumping: 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Jumping rope: 10-15 minutes.
- Lunges in place: 4 sets of 15 repetitions with each foot.
- Jumping from a squat: 3-4 sets of 20 times.
- Squats (wide legs): 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Weight lifts (the body is tilted forward): 3 sets of 12 times.
- Cardio (running on the spot): 10 minutes.
- Reverse push-ups: 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions.
- Side bar: 3-4 sets of 30 seconds.
- Rolling from foot to foot in a squat: 3 sets of 12 times (in each direction).
- Joint gymnastics: 10 minutes.
- Push-ups (from the knees): 3-4 sets of 10 times.
- Twisting on the mat: 4 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Squats on one leg (with support): 3 sets of 10 times.
Note! Exercises are performed at a fast pace, a break between individual ligaments - no more than 60 seconds.
In the fresh air (in the park, in the stadium)
Exercises in the fresh air can increase the effect of the usual functional training. On the street or stadium, you can use the existing bars, horizontal bars for intense muscle load.
- Warm up: run - 10-15 minutes,
- Squats (legs shoulder-width apart): 4 sets of 12-15 repetitions,
- Pull-ups on the bars 4 sets of 6-10 repetitions,
If at the initial stage of training it is difficult for you to do pull-ups, jump to the bars, performing only the negative part of the planned movement (lower yourself as slowly as possible). Gradually, your muscles adapt to the load, and a full pull-up will become an affordable training option.
- back push-ups: 3-4 sets of 10-12.
- Warm up: jumping rope - 10 minutes.
- Body twisting on uneven bars: 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Jumping from a squat: 3-4 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Lunges: 3-4 sets of 10 times (on each of the legs).
- Warm up: run - 15 minutes.
- Bends forward (performed on one leg): 3-4 sets of 10-12 times.
- Leg raises on the horizontal bar: 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions.
- Hopping on an elevation: 3-4 sets of 10 times.
- Leads: 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Cardio workout: at least 10 minutes.
- Squats: 4 sets of 10-12 times.
- Jumping: 3-4 sets of 15 times.
- Twisting in the hanging: 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
In the gym
In special conditions, functional training can be as diverse as possible - all kinds of simulators, dumbbells, barbell, fitball, etc. are used.
A cardio workout can include running on a track, riding a stationary bike, or warming up in an orbit.
An example of a training program:
- Warm up: 10-20 minutes.
- Squats with extra weight: 4 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Dumbbell lifts (sitting position): 3-4 sets of 12 times.
- Draft in the block simulator: 3 trips of 15 repetitions.
- Keeping balance on the fitball: 3 trips for 30 seconds.
- Warm up: running on the track at an average pace - 10-15 minutes.
- Platform press: 3-4 sets of 15 times.
- Dumbbell lifts: 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Bar: 3 sets for 30-40 seconds.
- Twisting on the bench: 3-4 sets of 12 times.
- Warm up: 15 minutes.
- Deadlift: 4 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Barbell press: 3 sets of 12 times.
- Arm breeding using dumbbells: 3-4 sets of 15 times.
- Hoists on the bench: 3 sets of 10 times.
- Cardio warm-up: exercise on a stationary bike - 10-15 minutes.
- Squats in Smith: 4 sets of 12 times.
- Dumbbell Deadlift: 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
- Hand reduction in the simulator: 3 sets of 15 times.
How to create the best individual comprehensive fitness plan for all muscle groups
Preparing an effective lesson plan should include the following steps.
- The main objective. There are 5 main options: increasing muscle mass, losing weight, increasing strength indicators, working on terrain, maintaining athletic shape. Realization of several goals at the same time is difficult to achieve (for example, you can not simultaneously remove the stomach and increase biceps). Work on the body should be phased: for example, pumping muscles (increasing their mass) is recommended first, and then a gradual process of losing weight (drying).
- Number of lessons per week. This indicator depends on your goal and opportunities (free time, financial component, well-being). If you are focused on keeping fit - you need 2 lessons per week, when working on weight and / or strength indicators - 2-3 lessons, when losing excess weight or loads on the terrain, you need at least 3 workouts per week.
- Methods of implementing exercises. The most popular are: separate, supersets, circular and combined. Each method is effective for different purposes. For example, it is better to burn fat with the help of supersets or circular training, and gain mass - in separate approaches.
- A set of exercises. To get started, sort the exercises by target muscle groups. The number of ligaments may vary depending on the focus of the training. If you exercise twice a week to keep fit - 10 exercises are enough (5 for each lesson).
- Load distribution. When gaining mass, it is necessary to work out no more than 1-2 muscle groups at each workout. When losing weight, on the contrary, you should use as many muscle groups as possible for intensive fat burning processes.
- Execution order. This point affects the quality of the workout and the end result. For example, first there is a warm-up, then - basic exercises with free weights, and only after that exercises on simulators, isolating loads.
- The number of approaches and repetitions. Directly affects the intensity of classes - with an increase in the number of repetitions, calorie consumption increases. For this reason, the minimum number of approaches and repetitions (3 × 8-10) is recommended for weight gain, and for weight loss it is much larger (5 × 15-20).
I. Timko, sports expert, personal fitness trainer
I have a somewhat negative attitude to writing training programs myself - quite often beginners are too frivolous in this matter. But it is obvious that not everyone is able to pay for the services of a personal trainer. There are also those who basically intend to draw up a lesson plan for themselves or there is simply no sensible instructor nearby.
To write your own sports load is quite within the power of any person with a little training experience. First of all, you should be guided by the correct execution of exercises (choose only those in the technique of which you are guided). Also, do not forget about a good rest between classes - during adaptation to loads, the body needs a balanced diet and quality sleep (at least 8 hours).
V. Mayorov, CCM Powerlifting, a professional bodybuilding instructor
The functional training plan primarily prepares your body for various daily activities, activates the work of muscles, increases endurance and overall flexibility. Such training should not bring pain or pronounced physical discomfort.
For optimal results, be sure to knead all joints and ligaments before the next lesson - proper and sufficient warm-up will help avoid possible injuries. If you have not previously trained, I advise you to definitely undergo a medical examination for special contraindications.
R. Panov, instructor of X-Fit fitness club, personal trainer
Exercises that are worked out in the process of functional training help to “harden” the body and improve overall well-being at any age. Also, to start training, your level of physical fitness is completely unimportant - muscle pumping will occur gradually (so that the body has time to adapt to new loads).
Beginners can train without any weighting materials or additional equipment, weight gain is necessary only for further progress. In the gym, you can also use TRX loops, chains, etc. The more diverse your athletic load is, the better for the end result.
Fitness transformation helps clients achieve results, and the trainer helps to advertise their services. Consider tips for starting a program.
According to the fitness transformation program, the client trains according to his own schedule with the instructions of the coach. But such classes can also be carried out in a group.
In group classes, the trainer spends less time prompting clients. Group members meet once or several times a week, train and make adjustments. The rest of the time they train according to the program.
For good results, combining classes with a trainer and an online course is suitable.
Before starting an online fitness transformation program, be prepared for the fact that there are already many such offers on the market. Therefore, we have prepared 5 tips to help promote your program.
A competent approach to physical preparation requires a lesson plan. Such a program is based on:
- The selection of a specific sports goal (weight loss, pumping target muscles, working on a sculptured body, maintaining the results of classes, etc.).
- The amount of sports training per week.
- A variety of exercises and a certain sequence of loads.
Writing a physical activity program requires some experience and theoretical knowledge. At the first stage, a beginner should be guided by the advice of a qualified trainer.
1. Select a program theme.
Pick a theme that suits your customers. For example, if the problem of overweight is relevant among your customers, name the program “Simple Strength Training and Fat Burning.”
An example of a program description: “We will draw up a plan, tell you where to start and how to do it right. The program lasts 6 weeks and is suitable for any level of training. A training plan of 5-6 exercises for each workout with cardio at the end. The lesson lasts 30-40 minutes. Come try for free - a good reason to start if you have been going for a long time. ”
An example of an announcement from the fitness club FIRST
- Monday: cardio training
- Tuesday: lower body strength training + high-intensity interval training
- Wednesday: cardio workout
- Thursday: upper body strength training + high-intensity interval training
- Saturday: strength training for all muscle groups
Cardio: 2-3 times a week
- Set a goal: the distance or time to devote to this type of training. For example, run 30 km this month or train twice a week for 30 minutes.
Strength training: 3 times a week
- Every week, increase working weights or the number of working sets, repetitions in the set, add more complex exercises or reduce the time of rest.
High Intensity Interval Training
- Options for the ratio of intensive work and rest:
15 seconds: 45 seconds (rest lasts longer than movement)
20 seconds: 40 seconds (rest lasts longer than movement)
30 seconds: 30 seconds (duration of rest and work in equal proportion)
40 seconds: 20 seconds (movement lasts longer than rest)
45 seconds: 15 seconds (movement lasts longer than rest)
- Other options for the ratio of work and rest:
Work as much as you need to complete the exercise, relax twice as long.
Work as much as you need to complete the exercise, rest as much time.
Work as much as you need to complete the exercise, relax half as much.
Work as much as you need to complete the exercise, rest until your heart rate drops to 120 beats per minute.
3. Offer members a bonus
Providing a training plan is part of the service. Develop additional suggestions that will help encourage thinking clients to participate in the program.
For example, you can suggest:
- Weekly email newsletter with a personal weekly plan.
- Weekly group workout on Saturday.
- Over 20 healthy recipes for proper nutrition.
- Free consultation of a certified nutritionist.
- Strength exercise guide for men and women.
- Communication with a certified personal trainer.
4. Determine the cost of the transformation program
At this stage, two factors must be taken into account: the market situation and knowledge of one's own value. Do not offer a service at a reduced price, so as not to reduce its value. And do not overstate — the price should be justified.
Lana Shi Transformation Program. Specialists know how much their services cost and when to make discounts.
In order not to lose money, set the minimum number of group members. For example, 6 or 9 people.
Type of occupation
Cardio training, powerlifting, dancing - there are many types of strength and aerobic training in the gym. Decide on the purpose of classes and think about which direction of fitness will help you achieve it faster. If you train with pleasure, the result will not be long in coming.
Training intensity affects strength and endurance. Try to objectively evaluate your capabilities and determine how many approaches will be needed to achieve your goal. Remember to consider the frequency of rest breaks.
Indicate in the fitness plan the duration of the training and the duration of rest. Time and intensity of classes are interdependent concepts. If you can easily cope with stress, do not expect much time to relax. Short rest periods will increase your stamina and at the same time reduce the duration of your workouts.
Muscle Gain Program
To gain relief muscles is the dream of many men who work out in the gym. Here are a few helpful suggestions that will help you put together a muscle-building training program.
At a time, you can train no more than 3 muscle groups. Perform 3-4 approaches per exercise.
Do not exercise often. Go to the gym 3-5 times a week. Daily training leads to overwork, fatigue and damage. Remember: your muscles grow during the recovery period, not in the gym.
Universal Gym Workout Plan
For beginner athletes, we have prepared a sample lesson plan in the gym. It consists of cardio and strength exercises, so it will help people with different physical training to get rid of extra pounds and build muscle. However, do not overdo it. Perform each exercise from the plan 8-12 times in 3-4 approaches with a break for rest. Get started!
Monday - Triceps / Chest
Extension of arms on the block
Dumbbell Bench Press
Tuesday - legs / hips
If you feel good - light cardio. In another case - a day of rest.
Thursday - lower back / abs / trapeze / shoulders
Raising legs on an incline bench
Raising the torso on an incline bench
Side Dumbbell Lift
Shrugs with Kettlebells
Front dumbbell lift
If you feel good - cardio. In another case - a day of rest.
Saturday - Biceps / Back
Pull down on the block with a narrow grip
Scott's Bench Flexing One Arm With Dumbbell
Inclined rod pull
Pull down on the block with a wide grip
Cardio training or a day off.
Fitness training at Mango
В фитнес-клубе «Манго» — широкий выбор программ тренировок для достижения любой спортивной цели. Aerobic and strength training under the guidance of experienced fitness instructors of our center will help you achieve harmony, strength and endurance. For fans of individual lessons, we conduct personal training.
Trust the professionals, sign up for a personal training session in our gym and enjoy the workouts!
You may also be interested in reading the following articles: