The shoulder joint is unique in its structure and functionality. But incorrect and too large loads, injuries can cause pain in this part of the body. Treatment of the shoulder joint with traditional medicine methods can significantly alleviate the condition.
Predisposing factors and signs of shoulder disease
The causes of shoulder pain can be very different. Often even absolutely healthy people feel it. This occurs after unusual unusual intensive work with arms raised up or head thrown back. Appearing after a day, stiffness passes after 2-3 days.
More often, the shoulder hurts due to trauma or a pathological process that began in the joint structures:
- capsulitis, inflammation of the capsule, in which the shoulder hurts, the arm is hard to take back,
- tendonitis, an inflammation of the tendons when pain appears during moderate exercise,
arthritis, inflammation due to the ingress of an infectious agent into the joint cavity, aching pains, redness of the skin over the affected area, and limitation of motor function are characteristic.
- arthrosis, a degenerative process in the shoulder, accompanied by limited mobility, periods of exacerbations with debilitating pain.
Such a disease as deforming arthrosis appears due to changes in the structure of cartilage and bone tissue. Symptoms of the disease appear unexpectedly, gradually the process becomes chronic and progresses.
The reason that triggered the disease most often becomes:
- hard physical work and lifting heavy objects,
- the development of the infectious process,
- shoulder injury.
Deformations arise in connection with the appearance inside his atypical overgrowths of bone tissue - osteophytes. Having reached certain sizes, they can partially or completely block movement in the shoulder. The shoulder joint turns into a fixed structure.
Having noticed the first symptoms of the disease, immediately seek help from a doctor - an orthopedist or rheumatologist.
The deformation process develops slowly. Therefore, by establishing its cause and starting treatment on time, you can stop the changes or completely recover.
How to effectively treat the shoulder joint
Arthrosis and other diseases of the shoulder joint with a timely and correct approach can be successfully treated. Classical medicine uses conservative and surgical methods for this. In the initial stages, a therapeutic approach is used, the purpose of which is to restore the structure of the cartilage. Usually used:
- painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs,
- cartilage tissue repairing agents (chondroprotectors),
- vitamins and calcium preparations,
- physiotherapy exercises
- physiotherapeutic procedures.
In cases where therapy does not bring results or the process is already too started, doctors have to turn to surgical methods. In the last decade, operations are mainly carried out to replace the joint of the shoulder with an endoprosthesis.
How to treat at home
Many of the remedies used by traditional medicine do a good job of dealing with problems associated with soreness and decreased shoulder mobility. But to achieve the maximum effect, it is necessary that it be held under the supervision of an experienced doctor and combined with drug therapy.
Any folk remedy used to treat arthrosis can only help in combination with medications prescribed by the doctor, physiotherapeutic procedures and special gymnastics.
To improve the condition, it is necessary to seriously review the diet and diet. It is advisable to minimize the use of meat dishes, sweets (cakes, sweets), pickles and canned food. It is worth giving up coffee, which negatively affects bone tissue.
Fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain pasta and bread, cereals should predominate in the diet. We must not forget that on the table should always be dairy products of low fat content. Almonds and sesame, rich in calcium, and vegetable oils that contain vitamin E will benefit.
In case of arthrosis and other problems with the shoulder joint, traditional medicine specialists recommend purifying the blood from time to time using freshly squeezed or medicinal plant juices purchased at the pharmacy:
- birch leaves
To quickly get rid of pain in the shoulder, you need to massage it daily in smooth circular movements. The procedure is preferably carried out 2 times a day for 8-10 minutes. For a good effect, it is advisable to use warming or anti-inflammatory ointments and gels (Diclofenac gel, ointments containing bee or snake venom).
After the session, you can not cool and load your hand. It is very useful in this pathology to master the technique of acupressure and apply it courses, alternating with conventional self-massage.
To relieve soreness and inflammation in the shoulder, folk remedies are used that are available at home.
They are prepared from oatmeal and used for severe pain, applying for 30-40 minutes twice a day. For them, boil the oatmeal in 400 ml of water for 10 minutes and allow to cool slightly. After that, saturate the cotton fabric folded in several layers with a warm liquid and apply it to the sore joint. Cover with compress paper or a piece of polyethylene from above, wrap your hand well.
A compress of fresh cabbage leaves is applied over the joints for the whole night, firmly fixed. Leaves can be lubricated with honey, but only on condition that the patient is not allergic to it.
To prepare an effective tool that helps to anesthetize the joint, it is necessary to insist on fresh or dry raw materials on vodka for 2-3 weeks in a dark place. Experts note that tinctures from elecampane and dandelion flowers are most effective. They need to rub the painful joint with light circular movements daily at night. The course of grinding lasts up to 5-7 weeks.
You can get rid of pain - the main sign of arthrosis - with the help of bathtubs prepared on the basis of decoctions of medicinal plants. Especially effective are funds from mint, burdock, pine needles, hay dust and mustard.
You need to take a bath until your muscles and joints warm up well. After that, you need to thoroughly wipe it with a soft towel and rub the shoulder joint with warming ointment. Then go to bed, covered in a warm blanket. This procedure is preferably carried out in the evening before bedtime.
It is advisable not to take warming baths if there are problems on the part of the heart and blood vessels.
Damage to the shoulder joint can form various causes, therefore, when diagnosing an ailment, doctors must identify the clinical picture. With a bruise, the patient develops an acute pain syndrome and a small hematoma. For this reason, there may be a temporary restriction in the movement of the arm with severe pain.
Pain and crunching in the shoulder joint occurs with a dislocation or fracture due to a fall on the arm or a strong blow to it. Frequent intensified pain limits any movement with the whole arm. When feeling a damaged arm during a dislocation, deformation of the joint zone is revealed, and a fractal sound is heard during a fracture.
Minor fractures and dislocations can also occur in elderly patients from age-related rarefaction of the bone and weakening of the ligaments.
Depending on the pathology, joint pain can manifest itself in different symptoms. Doctors have identified clinical manifestations for all sorts of causes of an unpleasant symptom:
- with tendonitis - a sharp and pulling pain of an increasing nature, progresses at night. The inflammatory process in the tendon occurs with excessive stress on the shoulder and interferes with the free movement of the arm,
- with bursitis, the symptom persists for several days, or even weeks. The damaged area constantly aches, swells, the shoulder joint hurts when raising the arm or moving the arm to the side,
- with capsulitis - aching pain appears, extending to the arm and neck,
- with arthritis - increased body temperature on the inflamed part of the joint, swelling forms, the patient is painfully and hard to move his hand, the pain syndrome is periodic,
- with arthrosis - there is a crunch and pain in the shoulder joint when moving. At the advanced stage of damage to the arm, the syndrome becomes permanent manifestation. On palpation of the inflamed area, the pain radiates to the scapula and collarbone. Joint deformation begins
- with cervical osteochondrosis - the pain syndrome becomes more intense when moving the head or neck,
- humeroscapular periarthritis is a burning and pulling pain in the neck and arm area when raising the arm or putting it behind the back, and even the pain becomes more intense at night. Since this type of ailment is a complication of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, limbs are affected. They can go numb and muscles atrophy,
- with osteoporosis - the functionality of the shoulder joint weakens, the arm is inactive and weak. Pain syndrome worsens with physical exertion,
- with neuritis of the brachial nerve - pain in the right or left shoulder joint, and it manifests itself more intensively, discomfort manifests itself.
For the clinical picture, it is also important to determine the localization of pain. The type of developing ailment also depends on the location of the focus of inflammation. In a patient, pain can be diagnosed in such places:
- when raising your hand forward or moving to the side,
- when rotating the arm around an axis,
- front of the arm
- when raising a hand vertically,
- when lifting a heavy load,
- with light movements - an attempt to comb, style hair, etc.,
- when turning the head or moving the neck,
- shoulder and neck pain at the same time,
- pain from the elbow to the shoulder,
- the pain is localized in the shoulder and extends to the back,
- located in the shoulder and collarbone.
During the identification of such a syndrome, in which the indicators become more intense, the patient must definitely seek the advice of a specialist. With such a problem, you can contact a traumatologist. When establishing a diagnosis, it is very important for the doctor to determine why the pain syndrome has developed. Depending on the location and degree of manifestation of pain, a physician may detect a particular pathology.
Pain in the shoulder joint of the left hand can occur not only with a tendon, inflammation of the periarticular bag or salt deposition, but also indicate severe ailments, for which the patient needs urgent medical attention to get rid of.
Pain in the shoulder joint of the right hand is provoked by the same pathologies, as well as injuries, congenital anatomical abnormalities, liver disease, radiculopathy, pneumonia, myositis. Increasing pain in the joint of the right hand manifests itself from the shoulder-shoulder periarthrosis and periarthritis. Such manifestations of pain and signs will indicate damage to the shoulder joint, and not muscle tissue, such as:
- constant pain
- amplified by movement and in a calm state,
- spilled syndrome
- movements are limited
- joint enlargement in volume.
Depending on the clinical picture voiced by the patient, the doctor should refer the patient to a more accurate diagnosis of the condition of the joint. To establish an accurate diagnosis, the patient should be examined by a narrow specialist. You can consult a neurologist, orthopedic traumatologist, cardiologist, rheumatologist, oncologist, allergist with pain in the shoulder joint. After examining them, the patient needs to do the following examinations:
- rheumatic tests
- biopsy - with suspected oncological pathology.
In order for the severe pain in the shoulder joint to subside, the patient needs to undergo a comprehensive examination. After diagnosing the inflamed area and establishing the exact ailment, the patient is prescribed therapy. To eliminate all factors of the development of the disease, the patient is prescribed treatment of 4 components:
- etiotropic - treatment of the cause of inflammation,
- pathogenetic - to stop the development of the disease,
- symptomatic - to reduce the onset of symptoms,
- recovery - to quickly restore joint health and improve the general condition of the patient.
When eliminating pain in the shoulder joints, causes and treatment are interrelated. Therefore, to reduce the chances of developing complications and a quick recovery, the patient is prescribed a full-fledged therapy of the four components listed above.
If the pain was triggered by a hand injury, then the patient urgently needs to apply a cold compress to the inflamed area. Then the hemorrhage will stop a little and swelling will decrease, and the discomfort will subside. Doctors eliminate pain in the joint of the right or left hand with a traditional treatment:
- applying a cold compress,
- hand fixation
- elimination of pain by drugs,
- external means - ointments.
If the right or left shoulder joint begins to hurt from overstrain, then the patient will have enough external exposure to special means. Ointments and gels have an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. Ointments consist of rapidly absorbing components that do not leave a greasy film, do not close pores and act on deep tissues.
Using external means when the joint hurts, it is worth remembering that it is undesirable to apply them to damaged areas of the skin and mucous membranes. Also, doctors are not advised to apply the cream under tight dressings or to combine with various warming items. If itching, burning or any other allergic reaction occurs, the ointment should be washed off immediately.
To take medications orally, doctors prescribe tablets to patients. You need to take them according to a strict prescription. The doctor prescribes medications to the patient, taking into account the condition at the time of the joint damage, the presence of other pathologies and possible allergies. The anti-inflammatory effect is possessed by such drugs:
With arthritis, arthrosis or bursitis, pain in the shoulder joint, when you raise your hand, you can eliminate non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and chondroprotectors. If the disease has developed to a complicated stage and the drugs used do not give the desired effect, the doctor prescribes the patient the minimum use of hormones and drugs with narcotic analgesics. These drugs are taken to reduce the risk of developing malignant neoplasms.
If the shoulder joint begins to deform, then the traditional treatment will be ineffective. In this case, doctors resort to radical methods of therapy - surgical care. The patient undergoes joint replacement.
When detecting periarthritis, the patient is prescribed analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs that eliminate pain in the left shoulder joint. In case the ailment proceeds with a strong inflammatory character, the patient needs to use glucocorticosteroid ointments and injections.
In addition to drug therapy, other methods can be used to eliminate the syndrome. Doctors advise patients:
- security regime - immobilize the joint so that there are no unwanted movements and the progression of pain,
- light physical exertion - yoga or gymnastics. In this case, the muscles relax and the pain in the shoulder joint when lifting the arm gradually decreases,
- physiotherapeutic measures - electrophoresis, magnetotherapy, shock wave procedures, laser therapy, phonophoresis, UHF. However, before you start such treatment on your own, you need to consult a doctor and find out whether it is possible to apply the above procedures and physical activity with such a disease,
- alternative remedies.
It is also possible to eliminate pain in the shoulder joint with alternative treatment. This method relates to alternative methods of therapy. You can use such funds after consulting a doctor. Traditional medicine offers to eliminate pain by such methods:
- rub the inflamed place at night with alcohol tincture,
- vinegar compresses
- apply ointment on lard,
- apply cabbage leaf for the night,
- drink tea from the bark of white willow.
If the treatment process is not started in time, then the shoulder joint can hurt for a rather long time, while the pain will be when you raise your hand, any movements and physical activity. If the patient initially had the usual pain from an injury, then serious illness can soon develop:
If pain is not eliminated in a timely manner, then severe pathological processes can begin in the human body, leading to a violation of the musculoskeletal system. With incorrect or late treatment, the patient may lose motor function and become disabled.