Moving around the yard, first of all, keep a reasonable speed. Based on reality (the permissible limit, adjusted for local temperament), this is a period of 20 to 30 km / h. Developing high speed, it will be very difficult to track possible interference (pedestrians, cyclists), which can appear at any time due to parked around cars and walls of houses.
Accounting for the condition of the road surface
When choosing a speed or your actions, be sure to consider the weather conditions. Otherwise, in the oncoming driveway, your car may well be torn down (on ice or in a snow outgrowth) to another car. Ruts and other pavement defects are also undesirable in places where traveling is expected. Do not drive away from sin at the same time, but be sure to stop the oncoming car or stop by yourself, carefully dropping into a niche. However, speeding or abrupt actions sometimes lead to troubles during normal movement on slippery / poor-quality surfaces. Indeed, when skidding or shifting on bumps, a car can carry it out onto cars or pedestrians parked nearby. This is especially true for the storming of borders.
Interaction with pedestrians and other drivers
Constantly observe the cars standing and traveling (in all directions) taking into account the readings of their light devices and be alert. To avoid surprises, try to evaluate the picture as a whole and as far as possible. For example, the fact that the car stops means that its driver can open the door right in front of you without looking. If there are doubts about the actions of others, try to warn them by giving a short beep in advance. The same technique is useful when turning from one driveway to another with a detour of a high obstacle (a truck, a platform with garbage containers or a corner of the house). In this case, move slowly until visibility in the right direction is acceptable. At night, turn on the main beam in the courtyards (turning it off only when approaching oncoming cars), which will give better visibility, as well as the opportunity for pedestrians and other drivers to recognize your car in advance in the dark.
Turn from one passage to another
If you are going to turn from one narrow (forced by cars) driveway to another, try to lengthen the trajectory of the turn as far as possible, moving away from its center. Otherwise, you can rest, say, the left side of the hood in one of the standing cars, and the right side - in the back of the other. To get out of this situation, having gathered around him a few passing and oncoming cars, it will be difficult.
Seeing the maneuvers of another car (leaves you in the parking lot in front of you, turns around), do not rush to slip through this place, playing out the extra seconds. This could lead to a collision. Better show delicacy and let him finish the difficult gestures. It is desirable to let in standing cars, which just lit the reverse lights.
When maneuvering on a small platform and moving back and forth with left-right turns, be sure to keep in mind that surrounding pedestrians like to get around slowly moving cars. Therefore, be especially careful when reversing and cornering, during which a gaping pedestrian can well be pressed sideways to another car or the wall of the house.
Before turning around in a limited space, take a general look at it, noting for yourself the presence of open wells, concrete flowerpots and voluminous plinths of buildings, columns and fences. If any of the above is present, maneuver especially carefully, controlling every meter (possibly even periodically leaving the machine). After all, you can forget about the exact location of a low obstacle, and a collision with it is fraught with dents on the thresholds or a torn bumper.
Noise reduction in the car
During any actions in the yard, muffle the sound of the stereo system as much as loud-sounding music interferes with the perception of important information by ear. An increase in engine speed or rustling of tires during acceleration / braking will go unnoticed, which can lead to skidding in slippery weather. The company of children, fast approaching with stomp and screaming, will also be a complete surprise. You may not even hear the horn of another car rushing across. In addition, the music takes away some of the attention and dulls the reaction.
Get to the addressee? Well, now let's figure out the parking lot.
Parking Space Size
First of all, the desired area of space for the upcoming parking should be quite spacious. If you have to park between cars longitudinally standing on the sidewalk, it is advisable to find a place whose longitudinal size is two meters longer than the length of your car. The question is not your dexterity as a driver: the front and rear gaps will allow the drivers of neighboring cars to leave on business without problems (avoiding the touches of other people's bumpers).
For parking among cars placed in parallel, a place approximately the width of your car with doors wide open is suitable. This will save her from scratches and chips when the parking neighbors inadvertently open the doors. Areas of extra space are especially relevant in cases where one or two old (rusty, dilapidated) cars or trucks will be located nearby, whose drivers do not care how many scratches there will be on their (and others - even more so) property.
The space around the car
Permanent maneuvers (turns, turns) should not take place near the car left in the parking lot, therefore, park away from intersections, courtyard driveways and exits from garages / parking lots. When parking along the driveway, make sure that the width of the remaining part is sufficient for the safe passage of trucks (garbage trucks, firefighters), whose drivers are very difficult to maneuver in the yards.
Try not to park the car at an angle to the sidewalk (if there is an obstacle interfering with normal placement, just find another place) and, before leaving the passenger compartment, put the wheels along the car. Otherwise, cars passing by may catch on an unexpected obstacle, which will lead to mutual damage. Some drivers, having difficulty getting around, may later give a “symmetrical response,” puncture the tire or make a couple of scratches on the doors.
How to avoid external influences
Also pay attention to work equipment (shovels, scrap) and building materials, the presence of which in a particular place may indicate a number of construction / cleaning works that could lead to damage to the machine. The danger for it is also represented by nearby big-leafed trees, large billboards and, oddly enough, the closely spaced walls of residential buildings. Some household items may fall off the upper floors, and icicles in winter are generally the scourge of many cities.
And another factor regarding the proximity to the paths used by pedestrians. It is better not to park the car next to pedestrian routes and, moreover, not to block them. Otherwise, a lot of scratches from the zippers of women’s handbags, umbrellas and objects used intentionally will appear on the sides of the vehicle. Try to assess in advance the workload of the surrounding “walking trails” in order to park from the busiest at a distance of at least two to three meters.
Features of the parking process
Having found a suitable parking space along the sidewalk, you must first drive it, and then, using the reverse gear and steering wheel turns, put the car there. Calling in front is much more difficult and will require numerous movements back and forth and driving on the sidewalk. In a place perpendicular to the sidewalk, it is also better to call in reverse, but for a different reason. During the parking period, the situation around may change, and leaving in front, possibly in more cramped conditions, will be more comfortable and safe.
And if there was no parking space?
Do not be lazy to travel around the neighborhood of your house to find a suitable place, even if it is located a little further than planned. A short walk to the house and back will only benefit health. If a plot of land that meets all the criteria is not found, you can use one of the paid parking lots, the costs of which will fully pay off for personal peace of mind.
Finally, having constant problems finding safe parking space, try to adjust your work schedule, for example, leaving a little earlier in the morning and, accordingly, earlier returning in the evening.
Rules of the road (SDA) - the fundamental legislative document governing the actions of road users in any situation. Article No. 17 of this code is devoted to traffic and parking in a residential area. This includes the territories defined by special signs 5.21 and 5.22, indicating the beginning and end of the residential area. In a general sense, a residential area is a local area of an apartment building or several residential buildings. Most often you can see signs 5.21 and 5.22 in sleeping areas of settlements, where there are many residential apartment buildings and few infrastructure facilities. In the residential area, special rules apply:
- Pedestrians can move both along sidewalks and along the roadway. The main thing is not to interfere with moving vehicles.
- The maximum speed is limited to 20 km / h. This is due to the fact that there are many children, elderly people, and pets in the territory. This speed allows the car to brake in time if necessary and not harm the life and health of the pedestrian.
- Pedestrians have an advantage when driving, that is, cars must pass them and not cause interference.
According to the rules of the road in a residential area it is prohibited:
- Through movement. If the driver entered the territory of the housing estate in order to drive through it and shorten the path, or he pursues other goals that are not related to living or a guest visit, then he automatically becomes an intruder.
- Parking with the engine on for no more than 5 minutes. This requirement is due to the fact that exhaust gases adversely affect the health of citizens. Unfortunately, it is difficult to prosecute negligent drivers. Especially in winter, when transport requires a long warm-up.
- Training ride. Cars on which the “U” sign is installed do not have the right to ply in sleeping areas along the training route.
- U-turns and riding back. Such maneuvers in the housing estate indicated by signs 5.21 and 5.22 are possible only in cases where the driver has reached a dead end.
- Truck parking. Parking rules near a residential building allow trucks with a mass exceeding 3.5 tons to stop only on specially equipped sites.
It is important to know! In accordance with the SDA, the requirements for movement and parking in the residential area also apply to yard areas (a piece of land located in front of a private house).
SDA and parking in the residential area
Trucks just do not call into housing estates. There are several common reasons:
- The driver or someone close to him lives in this area.
- The driver is not local and just got lost, despite the many warning and prohibition signs.
- The trucker wants to spend the night calmly and is looking for a suitable quiet place to sleep.
However, whatever the reason for entering the prohibited territory, this is in any case a traffic offense. There are strict parking requirements in the residential area, even for cars:
- In accordance with the SDA, parking in the residential area is prohibited on lawns, sidewalks, playgrounds or sports grounds, as well as other territories not intended for this.
- Do not park the vehicle, blocking access to other cars.
- Do not park cars under the windows or balconies of houses. The rules of the road require strict adherence to the distance: a minimum of 10 m for a small parking lot (capacity up to 10 cars).
Useful! In recent years, Russia has a law obliging developers to provide for proper parking even at the stage of building construction. Therefore, in new homes there are much fewer problems setting up a car.
Platforms for heavy trucks
Russian law prohibits parking near a large-sized vehicle outside special areas. Trucks should be located in the territories marked with the "Parking" sign with additional signs or with the image of freight transport directly on a blue background. Such sites are distinguished by large sizes of parking spaces:
- length - from 14 to 22 m,
- width - from 3.5 to 5 m,
- the width of the passage is from 5.5 to 12 m (depending on the established order of entry and exit).
That is why special platforms for trucks in sleeping areas are very rare. Most often they are located on busy roads or road junctions.
What to do if trucks park in the yards
The identification and suppression of traffic offenses is the exclusive prerogative of the traffic police. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to see the traffic police crew plying the local area. Therefore, if truck drivers systematically disturb the dwellers of apartment buildings or private houses, you need to take the initiative into your own hands. Would need:
- Collect information about the intruder. If the law on parking at the house does not comply with the local resident, you need to find out his last name and first name. If an unknown person - write down the state number of the car.
- Write a statement to the local traffic police office. It will be necessary to indicate all the available information about the intruder, as well as the circumstances of the case (parking in the wrong place, traffic exceeding the permissible speed limit, etc.).
Useful! A complaint is an official document. Therefore, traffic police representatives are obliged to consider it within the time period established by the law on citizens' appeals and give a written response. Most often, the culprit is brought to administrative responsibility. If traffic police officers ignore the statement, you need to write complaints to higher authorities.
Residents of apartment buildings often face a situation when huge wagons, buses and other freight vehicles are standing in the parking lot of their houses. Most drivers simply “take work home,” that is, they return home by official transport. But this is not a mitigating circumstance. Therefore, if a violation has been identified and properly recorded by the traffic police inspector or caring neighbors, the following administrative penalties will be applied to the driver:
- improper parking in the yard - a fine of 1,500 rubles (in cities of federal significance 3,000 rubles),
- speeding - from 500 rubles to deprivation of a driver’s license for up to 6 months (depends on how much the permissible speed is exceeded).
House territory is a place where citizens live, relax, walk. It should be quiet, calm and safe. Therefore, Russian laws establish stringent requirements for traffic and parking rules in this area.