I love legumes for their taste, texture and health benefits. Hot Edamame at home - a great appetizer for meetings with friends! If you want to punish someone for a sharp tongue, just add more pepper to a serving of Edamame,)
Ingredients (for 2 people)
1. Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
2. Add washed beans to boiling water for about 4 minutes (if you have frozen beans - do not hesitate to follow the instructions on the package too). Then strain and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan, add squeezed garlic to it, mix, then chili pepper, sugar and soy sauce, and warm thoroughly, often stirring until the sauce thickens. Turn off the fire.
EDAMAME: RECIPE WITH SOY GREEN BEANS
Edamam is a great food for vegetarians and vegans. Most often, these beans are sold frozen. To prepare them, you only need salt, boiling water and 10 minutes of time.
For 6 cups of boiling water add 1 tbsp. a spoonful of salt. 2 cups of fresh or frozen edamam are added there. After about 5 minutes, the edamam will become soft and can be removed. Ready beans can be additionally grated with coarse salt (to taste) and consumed as a separate snack or side dish. You can eat warm or wait for the dish to cool.
When boiling, many nutrients get into the water, so you can not pour it, but use it, for example, when preparing mashed potatoes.
Recipe 1. Edamame with salt and chili
- Edamame - 500 g
- Salt - 1.5 tbsp
- Chili flakes -1 tbsp.
- Sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Fried sesame seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Bring 1 liter of water to a boil.
- Add edamame to boiling water, cook for 3-5 minutes and then drain.
- Return the edamame back to the pan, add salt, sesame oil, sesame and chili flakes, close the lid and shake well. Serve hot immediately
Recipe 2. Edamame with Garlic and Parmesan
- Edamame - 500 g
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Parmesan - 50 g
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- Boil soybeans in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Fold in a colander and pat dry with a paper towel.
- But in a preheated skillet, add olive oil, finely chopped garlic and edamame.
- Fry the beans for 3-4 minutes, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan and salt on top.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Recipe 3. Buddha Bowl with Edamame and Broccoli and Miso Sauce
2 Serving Ingredients
- Red rice - 100 g
- Edamame - 200 g
- Broccoli - 100 g
- Spinach Leaves - 100 g
- Radish - 50 g
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. l miso paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt pepper
- Fill the rice with water in a ratio of 1: 1.5, cover and put on a fire slightly below average.
- Bring the rice to a boil and cook until the rice has completely absorbed water. The main secret in cooking rice is not to bring it to a boil, there should not be strong bubbles in the pan. Ideally, you need to achieve the same conditions as in a double boiler. Maintain the temperature at the same level and let the rice simmer over low heat.
- While the rice is cooking, boil the broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes, drop it in a colander and rinse with ice water to make the broccoli crisp.
- Boil Edamame for 5 minutes, drain the water, dry and clear of pods.
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until a uniform texture.
- Putting a bowl: divide everything into 2 servings. Put rice in a bowl and add edamame, broccoli, chopped radish, spinach leaves in a circle and pour miso sauce on top.
You can add edamame to almost any green salad and experiment with recipes. These soybeans will add a serving of protein and healthy vitamins to your dish.