Monkfish - refers to delicious fish with excellent taste, high protein content, omega-3 unsaturated fatty acid and vitamin D. People know one order and one family of this fish species - anglerfish. Among them, two of the most common species are distinguished - the Far Eastern sea line and the American sea line. The last in 2010, Greenpeace entered the Greenpeace International Seafood Red list on its red list. This list includes all commercial fish species that are under very high threat of extinction due to numerous traps. These fish are long-livers, their age can reach 30 years. The body of the deep sea line is so flexible that it can swallow prey twice as much as it does.
The Far Eastern monkfish or Far Eastern angler (lat. Lophius litulon) is a marine fish of the anglerfish family of the anglerfish order. The fish has a head larger than its body - wide and flat. The body length can reach 150 cm. Unlike many fish, the marine Far Eastern feature has 1 or 2 rows of teeth on the lower jaw. For a terrible head and the presence of teeth, a fish was called a monkfish. Although there are legends that the fish was called the monkfish because he, with his strong jaws, bit the boats of the sailors and drowned them.
Despite the terrible head, the fish has completely smooth skin on the body. The back and sides of the line are brown with light spots, the lower part of the body is light.
The Far Eastern angler in the Sea of Japan off the coast of Korea, in the Gulf of Peter the Great, and off the island of Honshu. It is also found in the Sea of Okhotsk, Yellow, on the Pacific coast of Japan, in the East China and South China Seas.
Monkfish - deep sea fish.
The American anglerfish, or the American monkfish (lat. Lophius americanus) is a marine fish of the anglerfish family of the anglerfish order.
If you compare it with the Far Eastern angler, you can see that the American is smaller, the total length of its body reaches 120 cm, but usually about 90 cm. This bottom fish lives in the temperate waters of the North-East Atlantic at depths of up to 670 m. Distributed along the Atlantic North American coast from Quebec and Newfoundland (Canada) to northeast Florida (USA). In the northern part of its range, the American marine line lives relatively shallow depths, and in the southern (south of North Carolina) it is rarely found in coastal waters, it adheres to significant depths. It lives in waters with a wide temperature range from 0 to + 21`C.
Monkfish is suitable for frying in pieces, as well as for frying in layers on a grill, or diced and put on skewers on the grill. Boarfish is boiled and stewed. Fish is especially popular in France, where the meat of its tail is cooked in many ways, for example with blackcurrant jam or sweet potato, and the devil's head is used for rich, fatty, with many spices soup.
The meat of the monkfish is very much appreciated in Japan. Not only meat is consumed, but also the liver, fins, skin and stomach.
The Chinese monk prefer to cook in a wok. Fillet fried in oil with rice vinegar and soy sauce, sprinkled with ginger and chili. Then the wok is removed from the fire, the fish is covered with coriander and green onions, mixed, served with rice. Anyone who has tried this dish finds it slightly smoked. All this is a game of spices and wok features. The fish is tender and very juicy due to quick frying.
In America, the barbecue is cooked mainly on the grill. The fish is cut into pieces along with the skin and vertebral bone. Marinate with salt, olive oil and rosemary. Oil envelops pieces of fish and prevents them from drying out. Serve barbecue with grilled vegetables seasoned with lemon juice and olive oil.
In the same America, carrot puree is prepared with meatballs from fillet of monkfish. Boil the carrots until soft, then add them in the cream, grind with the addition of coriander and salt. Fillet of the monkfish is chopped, mixed with salt and spices, molded meatballs the size of a walnut, and boiled them. Mashed potatoes are served in deep plates, spread in each of a dozen meatballs and sprinkled with fresh herbs.
In Korea, a national dish Xie is made from a sea line and a sweet-spicy soup is cooked, in which a lot of vegetables and sea-fried linefish (fillet) are added.
The meat of the sea line seasoned with hot spices is put in rice dough (pancakes) and fried in a large amount of oil. Serve fish with soy sauce.
In gourmet restaurants in a number of countries you can find dishes where the sea fish is presented as follows. The fish is fried and served, sprinkled with sweet and sour sauce, served stewed fish with lemon and lemon zest, as well as stewed and served with parsley or spinach sauce with cheese. Fish is fried with chili pepper, smoked paprika and ginger, stewed in white wine, cream sauce, milk, baked with tomatoes, fried, strung on rosemary branches.
The monkfish is baked in the form of a roll. The fillet is laid out in a layer on the film, the filling is put on top, for example broccoli, rolled up. The ends of the film are tied, the roll in this form is lowered into water and the fish is cooked for 10 minutes at a temperature not exceeding 86 ° C. With this method, the fillet remains soft and juicy, but keeps its shape perfectly. Creamy sauce and fried potato medallions are served with fish.
In free sale, the monkfish is not often, because already mentioned above, the fish is under state protection and its catch is limited. Unfrozen fish can be found in large hypermarkets at a very high price in a certain season or at the market of private sellers (this is in Europe and America). The rest of the time, if they sell fish, it is frozen, but its price is also high - 20 euros per 1 kg.
p, blockquote 5,0,1,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 6.0,0,0,0,0 ->
- king prawns - 200 gr,
- monkfish - 200 gr
- onions - 1 pc.,
- chicken eggs - 1 pc.,
- capers - 10 pcs.,
- herbs, spices - to taste.
- vinegar, vegetable oil - for dressing.
p, blockquote 7,0,0,0,0 ->
- Chop the onion in half rings.
- Boil the egg and chop finely.
- In a separate container, mix the egg with the onion, season, salt.
- In a pan, cook the shrimp and the fish cut into medium pieces.
- Add the peeled shrimp to meat and other products.
- Garnish the dish with parsley.
p, blockquote 8,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 9,0,0,0,0 ->
- monkfish - 0.5 kg
- olives - 50 gr
- tomatoes - 2 pcs.,
- eggplant - 2 pcs.,
- basil - a bunch,
- parsley - 3 branches:
- spices to taste.
p, blockquote 10,1,0,0,0 ->
- Peeled meat in a pan or on a baking sheet.
- Bake for half an hour in a well-heated oven.
- Peel the tomatoes. To do this, pour vegetables with boiling water or place them in hot water for a couple of minutes. After the done manipulations, you can easily remove the skin.
- Cut eggplant into slices, and finely chop tomatoes, basil and olives.
- Stir in tomatoes and olives in one pan, and basil and eggplant in another.
- Decorate the finished dish with greens.
p, blockquote 11,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 12,0,0,0,0 ->
- monkfish - 1 kg,
- onion - 2 pcs.,
- garlic - 2 cloves,
- carrots - 2 pcs.,
- tomatoes - 1 pc.,
- shrimp - 100 grams,
- vegetable or fish broth - 300 grams.
p, blockquote 13,0,0,0,0 ->
- Chop the garlic. Fry it over low heat.
- Finely chop all the vegetables and simmer.
- Five minutes later, pour one glass of vegetable or fish stock and simmer over low heat until cooked.
- Boil the shrimp, peel and wrap in pieces of fish.
- Roll the fillet in flour and place on a baking sheet.
- Strain the vegetables and put them in the fish, and leave the sauce to dress the finished dish.
- Cook in a preheated oven to 180 degrees thirty minutes.
Put the fried pieces with vegetables and pour the sauce.
p, blockquote 14,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 15,0,0,1,0 ->
- monkfish - 1.5 kg
- peas - 500 grams,
- potatoes - 6 pcs.,
- spices to taste
- olive oil - 1 liter,
- garlic - 2 heads,
- fish stock - 1 liter,
- onions - 1 pc.,
- vinegar - 1 teaspoon,
- ground red pepper - 10 grams.
p, blockquote 16,0,0,0,0 ->
- Pour olive oil into a pan, add peeled garlic and simmer until it darkens.
- Pour red ground pepper and vinegar into the prepared cooled sauce. Stir the contents thoroughly.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into medium slices and boil.
- Put the peas and chopped angler in almost finished potatoes.
- Boil the contents for five minutes, then drain the water.
- Put the contents of the pan in a deep bowl and pour warm sauce.
Serve hot with sauce.
p, blockquote 17,0,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 18,0,0,0,0 ->
- monkfish - 0.5 kg
- onions - 2 pieces,
- tomatoes - 2 pieces,
- almonds - 10 kernels,
- spices to taste
- parsley - 3 branches,
- water - 2 liters,
- olive oil - 5 tablespoons.
p, blockquote 19,0,0,0,0 ->
- Chop the onion finely.
- Roast nuts, then cool and crush.
- In the same pan over low heat, fry onions, peppers and chopped tomatoes until tender.
- Pour water into the pan when it boils, put the meat chopped into pieces, salt and pepper.
- Ten minutes later put the roast and almonds. Boil the contents until cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped greens and serve.
The dish goes well with croutons, toasts or crackers.
Seafood Monkfish and Salpicon
200 g of barley meat
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
12 caper buds
Olive oil, vinegar, salt
Cut onion, pepper and boiled egg into small pieces, add capers. Season with olive oil, vinegar, salt.
Boil shrimp and minced meat in salted water. Peel the shrimp. Mix with vegetable mix, season with parsley and serve.
Oven baked monkfish with black olives
Two Serving Barbecue Meat
50 g black olives
2 tomatoes without peel and seeds
Olive oil, vinegar
Peel the monkfish and place on a baking sheet for cooking in the oven. Season with spices and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 10 minutes.
Cut tomatoes and olives and stew. Separately, fry the sliced eggplant with basil, garlic and vinegar.
Put eggplant slices on a plate, on top of sea meat and tomatoes with olives.
Monkfish with sea urchin sauce
1 kg of meat
1 clove of garlic
250 g sea urchin
250 g of seaweed
4 sheets of thin baked unleavened dough
1 teaspoon coffee with salt
4 tablespoons of olive oil
Put a pot of olive oil on the fire and add chopped garlic. When the garlic is fried, add all the finely chopped vegetables and fry a little. Add the fish stock and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and strain.
Cut the fillet on the fillet, season with spices and wrap boiled shrimps in the fillet. Roll the fillet with shrimp in flour, fry a little, pour with the sauce and put in the oven when the meat is almost ready.
Wrap seaweed and remaining shrimp in dough sheets. Put on a plate with ready-made fillet of monkfish and cooked scallop shells. Pour sauce, serve hot.
600 g of sea meat
2 green peppers
2 cloves of garlic
1 sprig of parsley
16 almond kernels
Finely chop onion, garlic and pepper. Heat 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, fry the almonds in it, then remove the nuts and crush them. In the same oil, fry the onions, garlic and pepper, add the chopped tomatoes and fry over low heat for a couple of minutes.
Pour the fish stock into the pan, add the leaves of parsley and mint. When the broth is hot, add the roast and crushed almonds.
Simmer for 10 minutes under the lid. Add salt and pepper to the broth. Add the minced meat cut into small pieces into broth and cook for a couple of minutes.
Pour over the toasts on plates, sprinkle with finely chopped mint on top.
Caldeirade from the Monkfish
1.5 kg of barley meat
For Ahad Garlic Sauce:
1 liter of olive oil
2 heads of garlic
Vinegar, red ground pepper
For fish stock:
750 g of fish for broth (head, fins, bones, trimmings)
1 bay leaf
Prepare the fish broth from all the ingredients listed for this.
Cook the ahadu garlic sauce. To do this, pour olive oil into a pan and add the heads of garlic, divided into two parts. Heat over low heat, and cook until the garlic darkens and becomes soft. Remove from heat when the oil has cooled add red ground pepper. So that the pepper does not burn in warm oil and does not give a bitter taste, add a few drops of vinegar. The oil can cool for several hours, so ahad must be prepared in advance, for example, the day before.
To prepare the main dish, boil potatoes, cut into medium pieces. When the potatoes are almost ready, add the peas and chopped seafood. Continue to cook for 4 minutes, then drain the water.
Put potatoes, monkfish, peas and garlic from Ahad sauce in a deep plate. Drizzle with warm garlic sauce.
Need help in Spain? The center of services for life and business "Spain in Russian" - is more than 100 items of services in the native language in any region of Spain.
How to cook monkfish in the oven with vegetables:
- Cut the fillet into large pieces, dip in boiling water, salt a little and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- We discard the pieces of fish in a colander so that the glass is liquid, and they cool slightly.
- Grind onions and garlic, fry until soft.
- Scald the tomatoes with boiling water, remove the peel, cut and send to the vegetables, after which we simmer for a quarter of an hour over low heat, and then remove from the burner and cool.
- Beat the eggs, and when the vegetable mixture has completely cooled, add them to the frying.
- We lay out the fish pieces in a refractory bowl, salt, sprinkle with spices and pour the sauce, and then send it to the oven.
When the dish is ready, it will need to cool slightly, and then sprinkle with herbs and serve. In some countries, the monkfish with vegetables is eaten only cold, waiting about an hour until it cools completely.
Cooking Creamy Soup
Anglers meat is dense, and pieces of fish do not boil in soups. Therefore, the dishes not only turn out delicious, but also look attractive.
How to cook creamy seafood soup:
- We cut the fish, put in a pan and set to cook, slightly salted. When the water boils, you will need to regularly remove the pop-up foam.
- We clean the potatoes, cut them as conveniently, and when the fish ceases to emit foam, put it in the broth.
- Grind onions and carrots, fry and send to the soup after the potatoes reach the stage of semi-preparedness.
- We wait for boiling, introduce cream or cream cheese, pour chopped herbs and leave the dish over low heat for about 5-7 minutes.
Serve fish soup with pieces of white or black bread. And if you have time, you can make croutons.
How to cook monkfish in a pan:
- We cut the angler into portions, rub it with salt and seasonings, pour over the lemon.
- Beat the eggs in a deep bowl, pour the milk.
- Pour the flour in such an amount that the batter is obtained by consistency like a dough for fritters.
- Dip the pieces of fish in the batter, spread on a preheated pan and fry on both sides.
On a note. It is possible to fry the sea line and grill. To do this, salt and spice up fish pieces, and then grease their surface with odorless oil. After this, it remains only to lay them out on a wire rack and proceed with cooking.